Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The best of the best of in the bush

It was the last day of the Walleye season and they were hitting hard and fast. It seemed like we had just got there and it was over before we started, done limited out. The birds three white sea gulls one bald headed eagle were moving in for a meal on our fish.
As we headed back toward our trucks, Andrea, Danny aka Boone, David, Matt on our sleds me on my tundra wide open at 20kms per hour. I was struck my the beauty of it all? Good friends fresh fish the trees in the forest, rocks peaking out from the snow covered landscape. The cut overs critter tracks, fressssh moose tracks that were not there two hours ago on the way in? Life in the bush, welcome to my blog, enjoy.
Lloyd

The plan is to post some of my best stroies from a column that I wrote with The Northern Sun News http://www.thenorthernsun.com/ .
Special thanks to Lori Braodfoot http://www.media-galori.com/ who was one of my editors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I think you have that right...good friends, fellowship, and...fresh fish for the shorelunch, and all in the grandest setting nature can lavish on us! Life in the bush is a precious gift that few get the awesome chance to experience. Savour its subtle beauty and bask in the warm glow....Eden!